This Creative Life

Welcome to the creative work of Alan White, head writer and producer of "FEEDBACK; A HERO'S CALLING," now at Broken Sea. The "Feedback" in question is Matthew Atherton, My Hero. He and other heroes of mine have links found down the left side of these pages. Enjoy!

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The New Scale

On Monday I went to another branch of my gym in another town because I visited a work site in that town. The scale in its locker room told me I weighed 4 lbs. less than the scale in my regular gym. I knew I hadn't lost 4 lbs over the weekend. Yesterday, I used the regular scale in the regular gym and it told me the same thing it always tells me, nothing encouraging. So I went out and bought my own scale, which I will use exclusively. It's a digital and it seems to fluctuate .2 - .4 lbs. Either that or I'm losing and regaining fractions of pounds throughout the day (which makes sense).

So the good news is, if I weighed 212 lbs in March, then I've lost 20 lbs over the Summer.

The Master Cleanse wasn't as counter-productive as I thought it was, but still. It's extreme and I like chewing and tasting too much. And again, I've lost weight without it, I can keep on doing so.

So yeah, I may not reach my goal by my birthday, but I'm looking better and better anyway. And I'll have another birthday and a whole year to reach the goal afterwards! And it's all just for me, with the end result being just for me.

But I wonder how my life will unfold by this time next year? A new confident me, back on my feet, plunging into the waters of adulthood again?

4 Comments:

Blogger Eliel said...

What do you mean "again".

Everything you're living defines the crises and choices that people nominally referred to as "adults" go through. You do yourself a disservice to say otherwise.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Me said...

I'll try to think better thoughts, but it's difficult while living in someone's basement.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Eliel said...

What's that old saw about being sad about not having shoes until you meet the man with no feet?

You have a mailing address...

12:57 AM  
Blogger Me said...

I knew that! :)

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home