This Creative Life

Welcome to the creative work of Alan White, head writer and producer of "FEEDBACK; A HERO'S CALLING," now at Broken Sea. The "Feedback" in question is Matthew Atherton, My Hero. He and other heroes of mine have links found down the left side of these pages. Enjoy!

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Here It Comes

Three weeks to go to hit my target weight. And it appears as though I won't make it. Three pounds have been playing havoc with me for a month now. Up and down and up again, such as today.

Now, you know I'm reckless and desperate enough to go on a liquid diet, right? Maybe the Master Cleanse. Maybe for the two weeks surrounding my vacation. It needs me to be near a bathroom all day, and afterwards it will cure my sugar craving. I should probably read the book before I do it--I'll look for it today.

Also, Feedback's interview that I arranged is happening tomorrow (9/16/06) on Fanboy Radio. After tomorrow you can listen to it here.

Anyway, the "It" in the title refers to my birthday. I have it on good authority that it is possible to be the age that I'm going to be, and still be trim, fit, and look good. Not to mention that my last two birthdays SUCKED. This year, I have two nights booked in a New York Hotel on Fifth Avenue and the rest of that week off. I'd like to be 175lbs by then, but that ain't happenin'. Next payday I believe I have a chance to pay off ANOTHER collection agency, as that I have their balance to just over a thousand, although I might just do the Monkey On A Cupcake thing again with the paycheck for the birthday. I plan on getting tickets to see a few Broadway plays from David Rothenberg's show on WBAI and I'm going to pretend that I'm 21 again. I'm going to walk about 25 miles throughout the island of Manhattan to the beat of my new MP3 player and watch the sun set beyond Jersey at the Chelsea Piers. I'm going to enjoy the street performers in Washington Square Park. I'm going to read a few graphic novels for free in Barnes & Nobles. I'm going to argue with squirrels over my food in Central Park. I'm going to watch network television in a hotel room and swim in their pool in a Speedo. I'm going to borrow a friend's digital camera and take a picture of me on my birthday (maybe in my Speedo if I'm feeling daring enough) and show you what I'm working with.

I'm going to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home