This Creative Life

Welcome to the creative work of Alan White, head writer and producer of "FEEDBACK; A HERO'S CALLING," now at Broken Sea. The "Feedback" in question is Matthew Atherton, My Hero. He and other heroes of mine have links found down the left side of these pages. Enjoy!

Friday, October 13, 2006

Here's My News

Darker Projects is going to produce a new series called (tentatively) "FEEDBACK: The Next Great Superhero". If you'll note to the left, I've had them linked for quite a while now. I have written the first installment based on Matt's poem and will be adapting my first story into the next episode. Then I will be turning the fiction produced by "Tech Support" into the next stories in the series.

This happened because I arranged it. I queried Darker Projects and the Exec Producer said he'd only do it if Matt Atherton played the part of Feedback. The exec producer must not have read this blog.

But here's where it gets good. I asked Matt if he would do it. He was interested. He wanted his wife Sarah to do it with him. He wanted to do something that wasn't too long. He wanted an adaptation of his poem (scroll down).

So I copied his poem, I sat down, and I wrote my heart out. I sent him the script.

He loved it. LOVED. His enthusiasm shot through the roof after reading it. He snatched it up and started making arrangements to record his and his wife's parts. It was as if I had suddenly hit a sleepy man with a bucket of cold water.

Okay, now I'm going to get metaphysical, and maybe skirt the edges of blasphemy, but I believe God knows what I really mean.

You know in the song "Little Drummer Boy" when it goes,

"I played my gift for Him, pa-rum pum pum pum"

and then it goes,

"And then He smiled at me, pa-rum pum pum pum"

THAT'S what it was like.

I've stated before that I would do almost anything for this dude. Whatever. But when you're willing to do almost anything, and the thing you do is actually admired, actually praised, and it so highly and joyfully uplifts the person to whom you are dedicated ...

Just an incredible feeling.

Just incredible.

It's even bigger to me than getting the production actually finished by Darker Projects. It's bigger than doing anything else afterwards.

However, it will continue. I'm halfway done with the next, longer script, and all those who have written other stories at Tech Support are eager to have me turn them into scripts too. Matt's time is limited (because, you know, he's Feedback and everything), but the work is going to take time between productions so it shouldn't be too overwhelming for him and Sarah. Plus, he won't be carrying the whole story so inherently--the cast includes Tech Support--so it will be doable.

Happy Birthday to me, huh? What a year this has turned out to be. So many deep-down lows and so many sky-high heights. Perfectly bipolar. Trust and believe, I will add the links to the projects when they finish.

And I'm Matthew Atherton's friend and writer, so that's all right then!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home