This Creative Life

Welcome to the creative work of Alan White, head writer and producer of "FEEDBACK; A HERO'S CALLING," now at Broken Sea. The "Feedback" in question is Matthew Atherton, My Hero. He and other heroes of mine have links found down the left side of these pages. Enjoy!

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

When I Think Of Home ...

By SETH BORENSTEIN, AP Science Writer
Tue Apr 24, 7:00 PM ET

"WASHINGTON - For the first time astronomers have discovered a planet outside our solar system that is potentially habitable, with Earth-like temperatures, a find researchers described Tuesday as a big step in the search for "life in the universe."

The planet is just the right size, might have water in liquid form, and in galactic terms is relatively nearby at 120 trillion miles away. But the star it closely orbits, known as a "red dwarf," is much smaller, dimmer and cooler than our sun..."


The heartbreaker is that it would take the entire span of human evolution to get one-tenth the way there. That's my math, not any other source. Because at 120 TRILLION miles away, I don't even understand how they can really even see this thing, let alone speculate about it.

And yet. *siigghhhhh* I wanna go.

Ah well. Once I posted that I didn't understand a certain group of individuals and yet I wanted to be one of them, and that worked out fine! So maybe 'ol "581c" isn't so far away after all ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home