This Creative Life

Welcome to the creative work of Alan White, head writer and producer of "FEEDBACK; A HERO'S CALLING," now at Broken Sea. The "Feedback" in question is Matthew Atherton, My Hero. He and other heroes of mine have links found down the left side of these pages. Enjoy!

Monday, April 09, 2007

"Lizard Licks ... His Eyeball ..."

This is the second verse of Burt Bacharach's Geico commercial jingle as he sings/interprets the story for Jane Q. Public's accident story.

You know you're a girl inside when THAT song brings a tear your eye.

Either that or I'm susceptible to certain chords, as I suspect many people are. This is why there is such a thing as a "sad song". I couldn't name the chord that Burt plays in the last line;

"I hope I never get hit ... in the reeaarrrrr ... again ..."

but it certainly made me hope the same thing for the dear woman.

In other news, I'm at it again. Wil Wheaton tells the story, and remember, at FanBoyRadio I am New Mutant.

Over the weekend, a never-blogged-about friend of mine said I could make a living at this. But that would make me the Jeremy Piven character in "Entourage", and even though I've never seen the show, I get the impression that his isn't the character-type I'd like to be. (So kudos to Mr. Piven's ability to tell a story with just his face if I'm right).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home