This Creative Life

Welcome to the creative work of Alan White, head writer and producer of "FEEDBACK; A HERO'S CALLING," now at Broken Sea. The "Feedback" in question is Matthew Atherton, My Hero. He and other heroes of mine have links found down the left side of these pages. Enjoy!

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Here We Go Again, Again

I have to do a training in an hour. So, of course, I only got five hours of sleep last night. And my stomach's a mess. HATE it.

And tomorrow, I have to do ANOTHER training in a town an hour away. And I have to start at 8:00AM! So I have to leave here at ... what's the math?

This is the feeling I had when I had my highest-paid job while living in NYC. I would have to get in my car and drive to Jersey and find at-risk kids to do therapy with in their homes. And also do supervision with other life-coaches. And do interviews with families to write up care plans. If it hadn't made my stomach want to rebel from my body each day, I'd still have that job and still be living in NYC.

Now ... why did I become a therapist again ... ? It's like being an actor with terrible stage-fright. The rewards are incredible, but the pressure wrecks your lifestyle.

Bleeeggghh. I'm off to get a latte. I got a gas-reimbursement check on Tuesday, then I got snowed-in yesterday, so financially, I'm saved for the week. (Except the cellphone company decided to snatch their payment two days early this month. Khaaaaan!) But tomorrow's payday, and D&D in the city, then a nice committment-free Saturday, then in a week...

--GAME ON!!

So that's all right then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home