This Creative Life

Welcome to the creative work of Alan White, head writer and producer of "FEEDBACK; A HERO'S CALLING," now at Broken Sea. The "Feedback" in question is Matthew Atherton, My Hero. He and other heroes of mine have links found down the left side of these pages. Enjoy!

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

A Trainer?

I had to do another training today. Nerves all night, last night, no appetite this morning. Nervous for the first maybe twenty minutes -- no make that first hour. Finally, got comfortable and sailed through the rest of it...and at the end, with all these evaluations, I find out that I was excellent.

Tch!

Whatever! I hated the feeling of nervousness and having no appetite and dreading the week before the day before the night before.

It's a nice feeling to know that I'm good at it, but the performance anxiety is not worth the reward of good reviews. Now I'm worried that the good reviews are going to thrust me ahead and make my boss think I should do this more often.

Coincidentally, or not, last night I dreamt that a friend in the Feedback fan club called me up and offered me a job to come back to the Post Office for 135K a year. I woke up with the memory of the dream, and still, lying in the bed, I was thinking "I really like my job that I have now, but I'm going in today to turn in my resignation and I'm going to learn to love the Post Office again."

135K a year??? There are people out there really making that kind of money!! And I do believe I know two of them. But one of them sho' ain't me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home