This Creative Life

Welcome to the creative work of Alan White, head writer and producer of "FEEDBACK; A HERO'S CALLING," now at Broken Sea. The "Feedback" in question is Matthew Atherton, My Hero. He and other heroes of mine have links found down the left side of these pages. Enjoy!

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I've Done This Before

I have to do a training today. I have a partner who is more experienced at it, so hopefully, she will take the lead. But I found out last night, late, when I thought I was only going to be observing.

Ah well, I slept anyway, but my appetite is gone. I'm going to force a breakfast down of cottage cheese and an banana.

I've done this before. And was nervous then too. And I think I stunk.

But again, I do this every time I'm the Dungeon Master at a game of D&D. There's lots riding on me to help the others enjoy the game, and yeah, I feel nervous beforehand, but I'm with friends and we do have fun. And sometimes a game doesn't come off the way I'd wish it to, and sometimes one of my less socially-advanced players might say, "I'm bored!" as opposed to being less offensive, but the reward there is greater than the risk.

Here, at the job, the risk seems a shade greater than the reward.

Ah well.

When am I going to post about NaNoWriMo? My Other Hero posts about it everyday. He's such a powerhouse. There's a graphic I can use and everything, and I haven't done it yet. Lemme see if I can get it real quick...


...okay found it!


I'll go post that in the corner, under my heroic pose.

And I'm a friend of Matt Atherton's, so that's all right then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home