This Creative Life

Welcome to the creative work of Alan White, head writer and producer of "FEEDBACK; A HERO'S CALLING," now at Broken Sea. The "Feedback" in question is Matthew Atherton, My Hero. He and other heroes of mine have links found down the left side of these pages. Enjoy!

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Central Park On A Gray And Wintry Day

At 83th St and Central Park West there is a great swell of stone behind the wall to the Park which I have never noticed before. It's just a few blocks north of the Museum of Natural History, and it is literally as old as Manhattan, but I've never noticed it before. So what did I do? Like any good boy would, I climbed it! Here are the views from that lofty perch ...




After being up there, I couldn't go back, so in I proceeded. And discovered a secret garden! I call it "Lonely Park"



Down a winding path I discovered how beautiful ivy is on a grey, near-winter's day.


Midway in I discovered a very sad fact. The Central Park Conservancy decided to fence off all the lawns of summer. I could only travel the concrete paths!! So I took wistful pics of The Great Lawn and Belvedere Castle overlooking it.



Just after that, I greeted a friendly, but appropriately squirrelly squirrel



Which led me out the east side of the Park to 5th Ave, and the Metropolitan Museum's backyard. I had intentions of taking the yellow and green subway lines for a roundabout, slow boat back home when to my great surprise, I ran into the Governor. Correct that. Successfully avoided the Governor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home